You just got a brand-new wig or hair system and you're wondering why some of the hairs are already falling out. Well, hair systems, like growing hair, shed. It's normal. Shedding is a normal part of a new or aging hair system. A new hair system may sometimes shed a lot in the first week or so simply because there are loose hairs that were missed or didn’t come out during ventilation or they were missed during the comb out before you received it. Before you jump to conclusions, make sure you are caring for the wig or hair system correctly as prescribed from the company where you purchased the wig or hair system.
If you think your wig or hair system is experiencing a lot of shedding beyond the first week or so, then there could be other factors at play. Make sure you are NOT:
- Saturating the base or knots with conditioner. Conditioner has a tendency to cause the knots to loosen and hairs to fall out.
- Under-conditioning. If you don't use enough conditioner in the hair, it will become dry and brittle and break off.
- Combing tangled hair from the root whether it is wet or dry. This will pull the hair out, cause breakage and/or bald spots. Always start at the ends and work your way to the base/root. The hair is the most vulnerable when wet.
- Using hair accessories that will break the hair. Like tight barrettes or hair ties. Consistent use of these can cause breakage.
- Heat styling like blow drying, curling or flat ironing on a regular basis causes the hair to dry out and break off. Also, blow drying the hair with a blow dryer while using a round brush can also pull hairs out.
- Using hair products with harsh alcohols in them. Harsh chemicals can cause the hair to dry out and subsequently break off. Try to stick to moisture based products.
Full Lace Wigs-How to prevent Hair Shedding
You have to take proper care for your human hair wigs to avoid too much problem of hair shedding. There are few maintenance tips for human hair wigs which will help in protecting them from hair shedding.
Before wearing the wigs, first time and after every wash, turn it inside out and seal the knots of your wig. Then spray on the net and leave it till it is fully dry. Now you can wear it. It is very important to keep your Lace Wigs (human hair wigs) clean. You have to wash it regularly at least once a week. The dirt and hair product build up in the full lace wig is one of the major reasons for hair shedding.
Avoid usage of high-level alcoholic products directly on the hair of the wigs. These products result in damaging the hair of the wig and become a reason for its breakage and shedding.
Before wearing a wig, you must treat your head with good quality shampoo along with a conditioner and then apply an oil on your scalp to moisturize it so that to avoid any kind of itching. Remember do not scratch on the head while wearing a wig as this may result in hair shedding.
Do not use the hair dryer on your human hair wigs. The heat of the dryer damages the hair of your wig. Allow your wig to air dry naturally. If it is an emergency and you need to use a hairdryer, then ensure that it is in cooling mode.
You must not allow any glue or other adhesive residues to accumulate on your lace as it will result in shedding. Therefore, you must properly clean your human hair wigs when you remove it.
Do not use a bristle brush to comb your human hair wig, always use a ventilated hair wigs brush to comb your unit. Remember, you should comb your human hair wig by holding the hair up so that the pressure on knots may be avoided.
Comb your human hair wigs thoroughly before washing and ensure it that it is good and even. Never comb your human hair wigs when they are wet.
Wrap a scarf or a hair cover on your head while sleeping, so that any hair breakage or shedding of your full lace human hair wigs may be prevented. The satin or silk scarf will reduce the friction when you move your head during sleep. Wear your full lace human hair wigs when you sleep and put them in a ponytail to avoid it from tangle during the sleep. These sleeping habits while sleeping with wearing the human hair wigs increase the useful life of the wigs.
Make sure to seal the knots of your lace human hair wigs after every washing by spraying a light spray of knot sealer on the knots of the wig cap. Turn over your human hair wigs inside out to ensure the protection of the left behind hair with a plastic bag.